We often hear from people of all ages that insulin pump therapy can be daunting at first. However, it usually doesn’t take long for changing sets and using the Bolus Wizard to become second nature. (Figuring out the exact carb count on your favorite takeout or nailing down those overnight basal rates might take a bit more trial and error.) When we saw this video of 5-year-old Eli changing his infusion set, we loved the real-life example of one of our younger customers confidently navigating his insulin pump. And, of course, we couldn’t resist sharing a video with a star this cute! Let us know what you think in the comments and leave a kind word for Eli and his family!
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
– Medtronic Diabetes insulin infusion pumps, continuous glucose monitoring systems and associated components are limited to sale by or on the order of a physician and should only be used under the direction of a healthcare professional familiar with the risks associated with the use of these systems.
– Successful operation of the insulin infusion pumps and/or continuous glucose monitoring systems requires adequate vision and hearing to recognize alerts and alarms.
Medtronic Diabetes Insulin Infusion Pumps
– Insulin pump therapy is not recommended for individuals who are unable or unwilling to perform a minimum of four blood glucose tests per day.
– Insulin pumps use rapid-acting insulin. If your insulin delivery is interrupted for any reason, you must be prepared to replace the missed insulin immediately.
Medtronic Diabetes Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Systems
– The information provided by CGM systems is intended to supplement, not replace, blood glucose information obtained using a home glucose meter. A confirmatory fingerstick is required prior to treatment.
– Insertion of a glucose sensor may cause bleeding or irritation at the insertion site. Consult a physician immediately if you experience significant pain or if you suspect that the site is infected.For more information, visit http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/important-safety-information
Tags: diabetes care
, infusion sets
, insulin pump
, pump settings