My Thoughts on the New CONTOUR NEXT LINK Meter
• It has a bright color screen. I think I like the “bright” more than the “color,” because my old meter had an unlit gray display that was often hard for me to see. The bright screen on the CONTOUR NEXT LINK is easy to see in any lighting, and the color graphics are a fun, updated perk.
• It has a port light where the strip goes. This makes middle of the night testing so much easier for me. I no longer have to fumble with a flashlight!
• It tells me when I need to put more blood on the strip. All of my old meters would just throw up an error code if my blood sample was too small. I love that this meter gives me the chance to squeeze some more out so it can run the test. It also seems to need much less blood than the last meter I was using, which is an added bonus!
• I can use it to upload my data to CareLink. For a while I had been really good at uploading my pump and looking over the reports regularly. But then I got lazy about digging out the USB Upload Device. Since the CONTOUR NEXT LINK can also be used to upload my data, and since I usually have my meter within reach, I’m back to uploading and looking at my reports weekly.
• It is rechargeable. No more batteries, yay!!! At first I was nervous about how often the meter would need to be charged, but every time I look at the battery icon it’s barely gone down. The meter charges itself when I upload to CareLink once a week and I’m good to go.
• It is nice and small. I carry A LOT of diabetes stuff around with me, so when my diabetes supplies get smaller and lighter I’m always happy.
Blood glucose meters sure have come a long way in the 30 or so years I’ve been using them! How about you? Have you tried the new CONTOUR NEXT LINK? If so, what did you think?